Your favourite painting

redhead

Blahblahblah
"I stood there... and sensed an infinite scream passing through nature..." WOW.
Loved this video about one of my favorite artists. Didn't know he came from such a troubled family background! :confused:
Also didn't know that this emoji has been "inspired" by his work, LOL: ?

Since we're a books forum, I'll recommend the biography Edvard Munch: Behind the Scream by Sue Prideaux if you're at all curious about his life. I thought it was an excellent read.

Rodica

Wow!! The Tolkien-edited version of Sir Gawain on your shelf. Very impressive.
Last December I read The King and the Corpse by Heinrich Zimmer. After Zimmer's death, Joseph Campbell structured this book based on notes with the author's commentaries on several ancient stories, one of these stories is that of Sir Gawain. I enjoyed reading the book but it was quite frustrating that I didn't have access to the poems and stories that were annotated by the author. Now I'm collecting them and I'm going to read them and then I'm going to re-read Zimmer's book, because it's the kind of book I can have a good time with, which means I'm going to analyze every sentence and for the most part I will contradict him. These are stories that deserve to be approached by every generation through their value system, ignorance and understanding.
The last book I had this kind of fun with was Seneca's Letters to Lucilius.
Definitely not impressive. 😅