Yu Hua

Yu Hua

Born in China 3 april 1960.

Wiki
Yu Hua (author) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

200px-Yu_hua.jpg

I'm half way through Brothers and it is a bit of a best seller writing but very different from the usual.I don't think it has great literary values but it is fine craftmanship and i enjoy it.
If the strings are obvious and the writing a bit simple and repetitive,the story and location make it very interesting and fun.The style take a while to get use to but is attractive after a while.
Like the first Chinise action movies were a nice change from hollywood,this novel really bring a brand new angle to popular writing

I did, and it's not a slim book(iya Rico).
I listened to it in audio so no way to jump the long passages and there is a lot of them.
The first half is nice and provide an insider view of the life of a Chinese village through a generation, and it's interesting the way it's written. Very abrupte, very what i imagine the street guy language in china could be.
But it's a best seller, a chinese best seller so interesting in it's difference but still heavy duty.
It get heavy after a while,when he start a new phase of the story or a joke, he goes through it to the hilt.
Long passage on the election of virgin beauties and the fake hymen buisness, one of the brothers having a breast implant to sell growing -boobs cream.
It's like being stuck with a clever truck driver who had an original life and tell you about it, at the start you are amazed but after a while the novelty wear off ...

I would still advise you to read it but when you have enough,just browes through it.