Latest activity

• B
    Ben Jackson replied to the thread Arabic Literature.
    So sorry for that. I will have to check out the reason for that.
  • Л
    Ленин reacted to Benny Profane's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    I think it's outrageous a small country to have 2 or 3 translators from a "non-conventional" language and a big country like mine don't...
  • Verkhovensky
    Verkhovensky reacted to Benny Profane's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Sad Sad.
    I think it's outrageous a small country to have 2 or 3 translators from a "non-conventional" language and a big country like mine don't...
  • Phil D
    Phil D reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Jenny Erpenbeck with Like Like.
    from today's New York Times, a profile of Jenny Erpenbeck A Novelist Who Finds Inspiration in Germany’s Tortured History By Steven...
  • Benny Profane
    Benny Profane reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Jenny Erpenbeck with Like Like.
    from today's New York Times, a profile of Jenny Erpenbeck A Novelist Who Finds Inspiration in Germany’s Tortured History By Steven...
  • Liam
    Liam reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Jenny Erpenbeck with Like Like.
  • Bartleby
    Bartleby reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Jenny Erpenbeck with Like Like.
  • tiganeasca
    tiganeasca replied to the thread Jenny Erpenbeck.
  • sibkron
    sibkron reacted to Benny Profane's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
  • Benny Profane
    Benny Profane replied to the thread Recently Begun Books.
  • Benny Profane
    Benny Profane reacted to Verkhovensky's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    I mean, you can major in Portuguese in Zagreb, so I guess there are plenty of people that at least theoretically can translate from...
  • SpaceCadet
    SpaceCadet reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread Yu Hua with Like Like.
    A review of Yu Hua's most recent novel Lost City. Whether it will prove crucial for his Nobel chances is a thought for another day.
  • tiganeasca
    tiganeasca reacted to SpaceCadet's post in the thread Arabic Literature with Like Like.
    I don't know if I am the only one in this case, but here, I get an 'Error 404' message from this link.
  • Verkhovensky
    Verkhovensky replied to the thread Recently Begun Books.
    I mean, you can major in Portuguese in Zagreb, so I guess there are plenty of people that at least theoretically can translate from...
  • SpaceCadet
    SpaceCadet reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Love Love.
    Yes, I did read "A General Theory of Oblivion" (it was good), "The Book of Chameleons" (it was fantastic!), "Creole" (it was OK) and now...