Our Personal Libraries

Benny Profane

Looks great, Benny. Just curious if your library has also expanded to your bathroom. If so, it's a sign that your collection has grown out of control. :)

Not yet! This room on the left of that picture is my bedroom. But there some books on my bed. Hahahahaha

nagisa

Spiky member
Ooooh, this thread is wonderful! You all have such beautiful libraries :love:

Mine, unfortunately, looks more or less like this since moving out from my ex's in Paris while I work in Florence ? View attachment 778

But I do have a couple of pics from years ago, before I had to dismantle my library. Apologies for the potato quality, bad visibility, and incompleteness (notably missing is my Beckett, Japanese, and comics/art shelves). First pic is mostly francophone publication, second is mostly anglophone.
View attachment 776View attachment 777

I miss having a "room of my own", with my own library.
IMG_0283-min.JPG
Still just a fraction since so much is left in France, but I've been rescuing suitcases of books from the boxes and I think I have a pretty decent collection ??

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
I realise I've never posted my stacks and should do before I go the same way as the Collyer brothers.

So here's some shelves and piles, and bags of hardbacks under my desk. Behind the computer there's a horror section, too.

I keep fiction in this room. There's a double book case of cookery books in another room, and a case full of non-fiction in another.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    934.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 26
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 29

Chandos MD

As someone who also moved cities earlier this year, I do not envy you, my friend, ?
Just out of curiosity, what are the two cities in your case?
Not sure yet—I’m graduating from med school next Spring, I’m definitely leaving San Antonio and probably also Texas (there’s only one program I like enough to keep me here). I find out where in March

That looks like me when I still had my books.
What happened to them?

Liam

Administrator
I had to get rid of all my physical books because of an severe insect infection.
I think you mean "infestation", not "infection," but THAT is literally my worst fear! I feel like even losing my books in a fire would be easier to bear than having to throw them out myself because of a bedbug infestation or something, ?

Leseratte

I think you mean "infestation", not "infection," but THAT is literally my worst fear! I feel like even losing my books in a fire would be easier to bear than having to throw them out myself because of a bedbug infestation or something, ?
Yes, "infestation", thanks for the correction, Liam. They are terrible mites. They get everywhere they can. My book collection was about 50 years old and there were new books I hadn´t read yet.