Abhi's latest activity

• Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Ludus's post in the thread Pulitzer Prizes with Like Like.
    This year's Pulitzer winner list includes Cristina Rivera Garza's memoir El invencible verano de Liliana, originally published in...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread Paul Auster (1947-2024) with Sad Sad.
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/may/01/paul-auster-dies-aged-77-death-american-author-new-york-trilogy
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread Recently Begun Books with Like Like.
    Song of Solomon-- Toni Morrison Second Place, Outline Trilogy--- Rachel Cusk Kukotsky Enigma--- Ludymila Ulitskaya Already done with...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread The Nobel Library with Like Like.
    Let me present how the Nobel Library was during the first week of September between the years 2019-2021. Remember the reading of the...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Ben Jackson's post in the thread The Nobel Library with Love Love.
    I know that this is an old thread, and I missed this thread so much that I have read the entire posts more than six times, but there are...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    Now, the 2024 shortlist: Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott Kairos by Jenny Erpenbeck, translated by Michael...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024) with Like Like.
    It's so sad we have to place the adjective "Alternative" before Nobel Prize in 2018. After all, she's a better writer than all the ones...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread John Barth (1930-2024) with Sad Sad.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/books/john-barth-dead.html What a terrible day for literature :cry:
  • Abhi
    Abhi posted the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024) in Obituaries.
    Maryse Condé, the French author from Guadeloupe, known for novels such as Segu (1984), I, Tituba: Black Witch of Salem (1986) and Tree...
  • Abhi
    The first Mann I'd read was The Transposed Heads. I picked it up after reading Girish Karnad's tremendous play Hayavadana which...
  • Abhi
    Abhi reacted to Bartleby's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    The 2024 international booker prize longlist: Not a River by Selva Almada, translated by Annie McDermott Simpatía by Rodrigo Blanco...