Leemo's latest activity

• Leemo
    Leemo reacted to Johnny's post in the thread The Nobel Library with Like Like.
    Great post and a reminder what a great loss Sara Danius’ untimely passing was to literature. Small correction Banville is Irish, not...
  • Leemo
    Leemo reacted to Liam's post in the thread Elfriede Jelinek with Like Like.
    ^I would say The Piano Teacher is the perfect intro to EJ. Her books get consistently longer, denser and more difficult after that novel.
  • Leemo
    Leemo replied to the thread Elfriede Jelinek.
    I'm quite curious to read a book from Jelinek, which I've yet to do. Would experienced readers of hers recommend that I start with The...
  • Leemo
    Leemo reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    ??/?? Abdulrazak Gurnah, Admiring Silence ⭐⭐+ It’s not possible for any author’s works to appeal equally or even to be of precisely the...
  • Leemo
    Leemo reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread International Booker Prize with Like Like.
    I agree completely. In addition, I think it harms the reputation of writers and literature from that country in general. If a badly...
  • Leemo
    Leemo reacted to Ленин's post in the thread The 'Recently Watched Films' Thread with Like Like.
    Poor Things (2023) - A film that presents us with several ideas but barely scratches the surface of them. The visual is nice, the way...
  • Leemo
    Leemo reacted to Stevie B's post in the thread New & Notable with Haha Haha.
    Beware of this recently published book. It's not very promising when its blurb "One of the best books I have ever read" comes, not from...