Recent content by silvijec

1. S

WLF Prize in Literature 2024

My votes: 1. Mircea Cartarescu 2. Amitav Ghosh 3. Alain Mabanckou
  2. S

Nobel Prize in Literature 2023 Speculation

Here are my final picks: Peter Nadas Jon Fosse Mircea Cartarescu Ismail Kadare Yan Lianke
  3. S

WLF Prize in Literature 2023

My votes: 1. Antonio Lobo Antunes (Land at the end of the world, Inquisitors´ manual, Return of the caravels, Splendor of Portugal) 2. Jon Fosse (Septology: I-II, Septology III-V, Triology, Aliss at the fire) 3. Scholastique Mukasonga (Our lady of the Nile, Barefoot woman, Igifu, Kibogo...
  4. S

If I remember it right the prize can only be awarded posthumously if the awardee dies between the decision and the award ceremony so Cormac McCarthy can´t be awarded.
  5. S

Jila Mossaed speaks and writes fluently in Persian and Tomas Riad may know Arabic, since his father is Egyptian. Most likely are they relying on and reading translations in English and Swedish and in some cases even in French, German and Russian.
  6. S

My shortlist: - Ismail Kadare - Elias Khoury - Jenny Erpenbeck - Jon Fosse - Peter Nadas
  7. S

I have read: Antunes: Land at the end of the world Inquisitors´ manual Return of the caravels Splendor of Portugal (currently reading) Mukasonga: Our lady of the Nile Barefoot woman Igifu Kibogo Fosse: Septology: I-II Septology III-V Triology
  8. S

1) Yan Lianke 2) Jenny Erpenbeck 3) Alain Mabanckou