Search results

1. Leseratte

On the vast world of children, and its example of lightness and freedom Júlian Fuks

A wise and cute chronic by Julian Fuks On the vast world of children, and its example of lightness and freedom Julian Fuks Columnist of Ecoa 13/04/2024 04h00 It is called Turtle, a perhaps ironic name, given its impressive speed. Last Monday marked its foundation: the three girls stole out...
  2. Leseratte

'Torto Arado', by Itamar Vieira Jr., wins Montluc Resistance et Liberte in France

Itamar Vieira collects one more international award for Torto Arado: 'Torto Arado', by Itamar Vieira Jr., wins literary prize in France Author won the Montluc Résistance et Liberté 2024, which also awarded the Rwandan Beata Umubyeyi Mairesse By O GLOBO 04/04/2024 19h48 Updated a day ago...
  3. Leseratte

Happy Birthday, Benny Profane!

Feliz Aniversário, Benny! ?❤️??
  4. Leseratte

Recent Banning of Books in Brazil

Understand the new wave of denunciations of censorship of art with the book 'O Avesso da Pele' Collected from schools in three states, the novel of Jeferson Tenorio is accused of infringing the ECA, which experts disagre 8.mar.2024 at 23h17 Marcella Franco'sPedro Martins SÃO PAULO More than...
  5. Leseratte

Ten Memorable Beginnings of Novels at the Beginning of the Year (Google translation from Portuguese)

Ten great beginnings of literature for this beginning of the year Rodrigo Casarin Splash Columnist 01/01/2024 04h00 Illustration from the book '100 Views of Tokyo'Image: Shinji Tsuchimochi/Shikaku Publishing Company I came to Comala because I was told that my father lived here, a certain...
  6. Leseratte

Christmas Traditions over the World

I just learned on another forum about the USA tradition of putting a lump of coal instead of a present in the Christmas stocking, when the child has been naughty during the year. We come of different countries, different religions including no religion at all . and have of course very different...
  7. Leseratte

Happy Birthday, @The Common Reader

"Every Song (Cada canción) Frederico Garcia Lorca "Every song is the remains of love. Every light the remains of time. A knot of time." And every sigh the remains of a cry."...
  8. Leseratte

Flip-Literary Festival of Paraty 2023

Flip is Brasil´s most important literary festival. Last year recent Nobel laureated Annie Ernaux was the honor guest. Sadly this year there seem to be no virtual events on line. Anyway I´m leaving the link so that you can browse the names of the participants and the themes...
  9. Leseratte

Happy belated birthday, Jayan!

Have been a bad list watcher, Jayan, sorry. You speak several Indian languages, I know, but these upturned hearts seem specially made for good wishes. So: ನೀವು ನಡೆವ ಪ್ರತಿ ಹೆಜ್ಜೆಯೂ ಯಶಸ್ಸಿನ ಪಥವಾಗಲಿ ಎಂದು ಹಾರೈಸುತ್ತಾ, ಜನುಮ ದಿನದ ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳನ್ನು ಕೋರುವೆ.
  10. Leseratte

Jabuti 2023 Finalists:

11. Leseratte

Finalists of the Oceanos Award 2023

"After six months of evaluations and the dissemination of the 41 semifinalists, the Oceans – Prize for Literature in Portuguese announces the ten finalist books of the 2023 edition. Included in the list are five works of poetry and five works of prose by authors of three different nationalities...
  12. Leseratte

Semifinalists of the Oceanos Award 2023

Here are the semifinalists of the Oceanos Prize 2023. Some more familiar names like Lídia Jorge (Portugal), Cristavão Tezza and Julián Fuks (Brazil). I didn´t translate the titles as it doesn´t make sense putting titles to books, that haven´t been translated yet. Poesia (Poetry-21works)...
  13. Leseratte

German Book Prize 2023 awarded to Tonio Schachinger for his coming of age novel “Echtzeitalter”

https://www.goethe.de/ins/us/en/kul/bks/25137707.html
  14. Leseratte

Adriana Lisboa

"Adriana Lisboa (born April 25, 1970) is a Brazilian writer. She is the author of seven novels, and has also published poetry, short stories, essays, and books for children. Originally written in Portuguese, her books have been translated into more than a dozen languages.[1] Crow Blue is...
  15. Leseratte

Julián Fuks: Chronics and etc.

Julián Fuks is maybe my favorite current Brazilian chronicler. As I intend to post one or another of his chronicles I decided to open a thread for them and of course his other work too. If the translation of the texts is not allowed, please inform me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juli%C3%A1n_Fuks
  16. Leseratte

THE 47TH INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL IN SAO PAULO

Sorry, people for being late this year. They were late too, in posting their site. There are movies on streaming too, but only for anyone on Brazilian territory. The site of the festival: https://47.mostra.org/ https://47.mostra.org/programacao...
  17. Leseratte

Happy Birthday @alik-vit!

Happy Birthday! С днем рождения! (hope everything is ok here!)
  18. Leseratte

Documentary about Mafalda

If you are a fan of Mafalda and have Disney+: https://www.cnnbrasil.com.br/entretenimento/mafalda-ganha-serie-com-curiosidades-sobre-trabalho-de-quino-e-como-messi-diz-diretora-a-cnn/ Mafalda-Wikipedia...
  19. Leseratte

Happy Birthday,@tiganeasca

I wish you a happy and fruitful year, tiga, with a lot of 5 stars books coming along!
  20. Leseratte

Conceição Evaristo wins Troféu Juca Pato

Conceição Evaristo wins Juca Pato Intellectual Trophy of the Year Jamil Chad UOL columnist 09/16/2023 08h57 Evaristo ConceiçãoImage: Joyce Fonseca / Disclosure For the first time, the Juca Pato Intellectual Trophy of the Year, granted by the Brazilian Writers Union, goes to a black woman. In...