Academic jobs in the US

errequatro

Reader
So, guys... I have just been interviewed by Brown University. Fingers crossed! I think it went well but Americans are quite hard to read... They are always so nice and friendly... They did mention a possibility of a second interview (on campus, so they'll fly me out there if I go through). Really, don't know what to think!

Stevie B

Current Member
So, guys... I have just been interviewed by Brown University. Fingers crossed! I think it went well but Americans are quite hard to read... They are always so nice and friendly... They did mention a possibility of a second interview (on campus, so they'll fly me out there if I go through). Really, don't know what to think!
Ivy league? Impressive! Wishing you the best of luck with the job search.

Leseratte

If they fly you out they are certainly very interested but they need to know how you will adapt to their campus.?

Stevie B

Current Member
By the way, Brown is even more selective than I realized. The school's undergraduate acceptance rate (5%) rivals Harvard's (4%).

Ben Jackson

Wish you the best of luck, my friend. China Achebe taught at Brown University in the 90s, if I'm not mistaken.