Author Discussions

Okay, here are the preliminary details:

Date: 14th January 2009
Time: 2000-2200 GMT
Thread: Stewart, will you provide a link when it's ready?

Chair: canongatebooks
Chair: LizzySiddal

To get an early copy of The Crossroads so you have loads if great questions for Niccolo, pm canongatebooks with your details.

If you are outside the UK, do not worry, I've just checked and we can send copies anywhere!! How great is that?! So this is open to anyone on the World Literature Forum who would like to join in.

Edited to add: This giveaway is limited to the first ten who PM me.

Last edited:

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
Thread: Stewart, will you provide a link when it's ready?

I've created a special 'Author Discussion' forum which I'll make public nearer the time.

If you are outside the UK, do not worry, I've just checked and we can send copies anywhere!! How great is that?! So this is open to anyone on the World Literature Forum who would like to join in.
This is great. I look forward to seeing how it all develops. (My copy of The Crossroads arrived yesterday, so I hope to get to it at some point this month, preferably after uni ends for the year.)

titania7

Reader
Anna, I think you still have a chance at getting a copy of The Crossroads. I just received word this morning from Canongate Books. They said my copy, which I requested night before last, is already in the mail.

I'm pleased to see that Stewart is around and about. He's such a sly fella.
He's moderating us even when we don't see him! And everyone thought invisible men were only found in books! ;) Live and learn, I say...live and learn.

~Titania

"Reason is not enough and desire is not enough. For--and this
is the new discovery in a nutshell--the mind is not moved until
it wills to be moved."
~Hannah Arendt, Responsibility & Judgement

All ten copies are now taken. The lucky recipients are:

Ramblingsid
lionel
abecedarian
Mirabell
kpjayan
titania7
Aiculik
Jayaprakash
rburdock
Anna van Gelderen

Satch Dobrey and Trevor Berrett have missed out this time... sorry!

The books will go out soon (not in the post just yet...)

Last edited:
To everyone else who has sent me a PM over the weekend... sorry, all ten copies have been claimed!

Air mail copies have been sent out, UK copies will be going out very soon.

I'm a bit late to the party but if I buy the book can I join in?

Edit: I see it's not out until the 8th so that might have been a silly question - a lot of pages to read in 6 days.

Last edited:
We know you're up to it. ;)

What about one of his previously translated novels? Steal You Away or I'm Not Scared?
I probably will be up to it by then, very little work coming in!

I have Steal You Away on the shelf, so that's a good idea. I've previously read I'm Not Scared and liked it quite a lot.