Author Discussions

titania7

Reader
My copy of The Crossroads arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, my mum was the one who opened the package, and so, she's started reading it :(. I just hope it won't take her too long to finish it! She's absolutely incorrigible! :eek:

Many, many thanks to Canongate. You guys are fantastic!

~Titania

LizzySiddal

Reader
Good question, Mirabell.

My review is ready and will be posted to my blog tonight. I can post it here on a separate thread if you want.

Do we want to discuss the book in detail here before the Q&A?

Now that the Niccol? Ammaniti: Q & A has taken place, I'd like to ask those that took part to offer up any feedback on the event. If you'd rather message me in private, please do so.
Although I only took part as an observer I thought it went really well. It seemed very smooth the way the questions were put in one thread and copied/answered to another. Was there some trick to that, as in some sort of link from one to the other to make the reply easy?

Mirabell

Former Member
very nice and informative, although I had to work late yesterday and so was relegated to watching the discussion unfold. I'm turning in a review of the book though, one of these days.

Stewart

Administrator
Staff member
Although I only took part as an observer I thought it went really well. It seemed very smooth the way the questions were put in one thread and copied/answered to another. Was there some trick to that, as in some sort of link from one to the other to make the reply easy?
The trick was he had two windows open, one with each thread. No high-falutin' techo-wizardry here. :D

Ramblingsid

Reader
I thought that the whole exercise was a complete success and was very worthwhile. Niccolo seemed to be a very pleasant, straightforward sort of chap who, I thought at least, gave very good answers to the questions offered - even my rather banal ones :)

The shame was that I was still in the office when the discussion started and i was flipping between working and following the event. And I eventually had to leave early around 9.30 otherwise it would have been gone midnight before I got home.

All in all it was enjoyable and interesting - I hope there will be more. And I hope canongate thought that it was worthwhile.