Nobel Prize in Literature 2022 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie B

Current Member
Hi from Australia to all. Thanks for having me on here. Looking forward to your thoughts on this year's prize.
Welcome, GLewis. I was going to ask what you thought about Thea Astley's chances, but just discovered she passed away more than ten years ago. Are there any female Aussie writers you'd throw into the mix?

Abhi

A. B. Yehoshua, dubbed "Israeli Faulkner" and a giant among Middle Eastern contenders for the Nobel Prize (although probably his old age worked against his chance for a few years now), died today.

Edit: I just saw the Obituary section already has a thread on him.

tiganeasca

Grossman I guess, he is not too young (68 years), won Booker International and some other international awards, peace activist.
Ahem. "Not too young"?
I beg your pardon.
For future reference, anyone younger than I am is, by definition, still young. And, within literally five days of her birthday, he is exactly the same age as my younger sister.
Let's just keep that in mind. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that's not what you meant to say, was it? ?

P.S. After considering the subject, I have decided that anyone OLDER than I am is also, by definition, still young.

Last edited:

GLewis

Welcome, GLewis. I was going to ask what you thought about Thea Astley's chances, but just discovered she passed away more than ten years ago. Are there any female Aussie writers you'd throw into the mix?
There are plenty of quality writers, but in terms of the Nobel, again, probably not quite there. Kate Grenville, Helen Garner, Alexis Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.