Recovering lost content

Leseratte

Hi, people
Is it possible to recover lost content with this softare?
I was nearly finishing a comment on a book when I made a mistake and lost it all. I worked almost an hour on it. Is there a way of recovering it?
Thanks!

Liam

Administrator
The content should be saved automatically; but if for whatever reason it didn't, and you lost it all, I'm afraid there's no way of recovering it, :(

Next time try the "Save the Draft" option that Stewart recently provided, especially if it's a long comment.

Don't feel bad; i've been in the same boat before (I think we all have): I've lost many comments because of computer problems, etc.

tiganeasca

And what I have learned--the hard way--to do is to compose in a separate document. That way I can keep it overnight, play with it, fix it, modify it, alter it, amend it, change it, correct it, or just throw it out. Or, once in a rare while, just cut-and-paste into WLF! ?

Stevie B

Current Member
There were several times in the more distant past where I lost very long in-progress posts because the webpage had timed out. When that happened, I didn't have the energy to rewrite them. In hindsight, that was probably a blessing for Forum members. ?

Leseratte

And what I have learned--the hard way--to do is to compose in a separate document. That way I can keep it overnight, play with it, fix it, modify it, alter it, amend it, change it, correct it, or just throw it out. Or, once in a rare while, just cut-and-paste into WLF! ?
You are perfectly right.

Leseratte

The content should be saved automatically; but if for whatever reason it didn't, and you lost it all, I'm afraid there's no way of recovering it, :(

Next time try the "Save the Draft" option that Stewart recently provided, especially if it's a long comment.

Don't feel bad; i've been in the same boat before (I think we all have): I've lost many comments because of computer problems, etc.
Thanks @Liam!