Season's Greetings!

Stevie B

Current Member
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hopefully, you'll be gifted some wonderful books this holiday season and, if not, a little cash so you can pick out a few of your own (I'm already trying to figure which ones to order using the Amazon gift certificate I received from my mom ?).

The Common Reader

Happy New Year to all!
Feliz Ano Novo para Todos!
¡Feliz Año Nuevo a Todos!
سال نو بر همه مبارک​
С Новым Годом, с новым счастьем!
Bonne Année à tous!
ಎಲ್ಲರಿಗೂ ಹೊಸ ವರ್ಷದ ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳು
Sretna Nova Godina svima!
祝大家新年快乐
Niechaj wszystko o czym marzysz, w Nowym Roku się wydarzy!

I hope that covers everyone, and happy new year wishes to Google translate as well.

Last edited:

Liam

Administrator
^Those are some truly beautiful photos, alik. I do hope to visit your neck of the woods one day, perhaps when the hostilities between our countries die down for a bit? I don't want to be arrested and imprisoned as a possible foreign agent, ?

I spent my New Year's with friends in Provincetown, which was lovely. The Cape is having one of the mildest winters in recent memory. Weird, but at least we didn't need heavy winter jackets, ?

Provincetown1.jpeg
Provincetown2.jpeg
Provincetown3.jpeg

alik-vit

Reader
^Those are some truly beautiful photos, alik. I do hope to visit your neck of the woods one day, perhaps when the hostilities between our countries die down for a bit? I don't want to be arrested and imprisoned as a possible foreign agent, ?

I spent my New Year's with friends in Provincetown, which was lovely. The Cape is having one of the mildest winters in recent memory. Weird, but at least we didn't need heavy winter jackets, ?

View attachment 2382
View attachment 2383
View attachment 2384
You are more than welcome! And let's hope, this current nightmare will disappear soon. And your views are amazing. What about our Brazilian friends? Or Ben? Can you, folks, share your Christmas landscapes?

tiganeasca

And it's real interim between New Year and Christmas: - 26 C and hiiiigh humidity in downtown.
Ah, the Neva in winter! I particularly like the ducks in the middle photo. I spent a week of the coldest November in my life (I think) in Peter. I shiver to recall. But an amazing place! I echo Liam's sentiments; my wife has never been and I would love to return some day. (Though, of course, Moscow is more my kind of town. ☺️)

tiganeasca

Have you asked, maybe she's dying to see Yakutsk? ?
Actually, I'd love to get out into the much older, smaller cities...Tver, Suzdal, Vladimir...but we'd need a translator. Of course, I'm not sure we could afford your rates!

Last edited:

Leseratte

And it's real interim between New Year and Christmas: - 26 C and hiiiigh humidity in downtown.
I don´t seem to see any snow, alik. 26 C ! I guess that´s why we are having 34C here. Hottest extended summer ever. Temperatures soaring up on the planet.
You are more than welcome! And let's hope, this current nightmare will disappear soon. And your views are amazing. What about our Brazilian friends? Or Ben? Can you, folks, share your Christmas landscapes?
Christmas decorations on Avenida Paulista. Maybe not so grand this year, but at least here you will finally find some snow.