New & Notable

Daniel del Real

I don't like Murakami but this cover made me want to read this one. And the title too! the city and its uncertain walls is quite poetic...
I do like Murakami, but being honest, his two latest novels (Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage & Killing Commendatore) have been a complete letdown. 1Q84 was IMO, his last good novel.
I have a lot of expectations for this one, so let's see.

I do like Murakami, but being honest, his two latest novels (Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage & Killing Commendatore) have been a complete letdown. 1Q84 was IMO, his last good novel.
I have a lot of expectations for this one, so let's see.
I'll give this one a try. Although only once did I bring myself to finish one of his novels (after dark). I tried "Wind-up bird...", "Hard Boiled...", "Killing Commendatore" but they weren't my cup of tea. But let's see... I'm curious about this one! I read a review (full of spoilers!!) and although it was a negative one, It let me more excited to read "the city..."

Leseratte

New Tawada is forthcoming. It looks fascinating:

I forget that his originals are in German. Anyway have to wait until the library gets the book.

alik-vit

Reader
I forget that his originals are in German. Anyway have to wait until the library gets the book.
Tawada writes in both languages, but Celan's originals are in German, although he was .....
Sorry!

On the other hand, there are more fascinating books from New Direction are forthcoming:

Bei Dao:

Elias Canetti:

Leseratte

Loved the cover! The Goethe Onleihe library has several books by him, but not this one.
Just a reminder:anyone who lives outside the German speaking countries can use the Onleihe. Most books and all newspapers and magazines are in German, but there is also some translated literature.

Ben Jackson

Tawada writes in both languages, but Celan's originals are in German, although he was .....
Sorry!

On the other hand, there are more fascinating books from New Direction are forthcoming:

Bei Dao:

Elias Canetti:

Hopefully, this publication of Dao might reignite his Nobel chances.