nagisa's latest activity

• nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Like Like.
    Theodoros is a book with real and fantastic stories set in different geographical spaces and historical eras. I loved how he managed to...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to alik-vit's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Like Like.
    Сan you share your thoughts about "Theodoros", please?
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Phil D's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Haha Haha.
    That's exactly what I was afraid of ?
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Rodica's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Like Like.
    I look with fondness and remorse at Sadegh Hedayat's book. I purchased it from an antique book shop with the stamp of the Romanian...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to sibkron's post in the thread Best reads of 2023 with Haha Haha.
    This is a large-scale encyclopedic modernist novel about everything: about life, about sex, about literature, about readers, about...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to dc007777's post in the thread Swedish Academy: The Peter Englund era with Like Like.
    Looking at those characteristics (literature of witness, concerns of modernization, formal experimentalism, the role of the outsider)...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Liam's post in the thread Elfriede Jelinek with Like Like.
    ^I would say The Piano Teacher is the perfect intro to EJ. Her books get consistently longer, denser and more difficult after that novel.
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Liam's post in the thread Elfriede Jelinek with Like Like.
    ^Same here, I used to think that she was simply brutal, but with the passing of years I came to appreciate her humor as well. I second...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to tiganeasca's post in the thread N. Scott Momaday (1934-2024) with Sad Sad.
    From the New York Times: "N. Scott Momaday, whose portrayal of a disaffected World War II veteran’s journey to spiritual renewal in his...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Elie's post in the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024) with Like Like.
    This is terrible news. She was an absolutely stunning writer. Segu and I, Tituba are up there among my favourite novels. I'm still...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to hayden's post in the thread John Barth (1930-2024) with Like Like.
    A postmodern legend. Glad he got to live such a long life. I think he's the last of his generation (bar maybe Pynchon, who might not...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread John Barth (1930-2024) with Sad Sad.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/02/books/john-barth-dead.html What a terrible day for literature :cry:
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Ленин's post in the thread Recently finished books? with Like Like.
    Anne Carson - Norma Jeane Baker of Troy - The Trojan war as a Hollywood farce, hoax, hoax, hoax. Norma Jeane Baker the harlot of Troy...
  • nagisa
    nagisa reacted to Daniel del Real's post in the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024) with Haha Haha.
    It's so sad we have to place the adjective "Alternative" before Nobel Prize in 2018. After all, she's a better writer than all the ones...
  • nagisa
    nagisa replied to the thread Maryse Condé (1934-2024).
    Nominate Haruki Murakami ? I Tituba and Segu are fantastic. I remember good rumblings in the French press about The Gospel According to...