About Animals

tiganeasca

On June 12, above, Leseratte posted about the man who thought he was rescuing one kitten. And ended up taking 13 (!) home. You should watch that video if you haven't seen it. Here is the second installment: he posted on the kittens in the back of the truck getting ready to go home.

Right here!

And the full story can be found on this page.

Leseratte

I love this news and I love Denmark. It's the example of normal and sustainable politics of normal and sustainable state: The Danish Hedgehog Project!

Didn´t know however that the average lifetime of the hedgehog was so short.

Leseratte

Hurricane Marquinhos

"

Apocalyptic cat leaves tutor desperate during the postoperative period and goes viral​

"I never had a cat as mischievous as this one. I had to increase the number of weekly therapy hours, but it worked ", said the tutor in a video.

Marquinhos had to operate some fractures after being rescued
Marquinhos had to operate some fractures after being rescuedDisclosure / Andreza Ferreira ( personal file )
Bruna Rioscollaboration for CNN

Sao Paulo

08/16/2023 at 2:51 pm | Updated 08/16/2023 at 2:58 pm

Nicknamed “ Hurricane Marquinhos ”, a rebellious kitten gained more than 1.5 million views thanks to his temperament after passing through a complicated surgery.
In the video, published in June, but which still goes viral, veterinary student Andreza Ferreira, reports her surprise when she saw that the only six months old puppy behaved like that. After 24 hours of surgery, the cat was already running around the house, even after the veterinarian recommended rest.

“ I never had a cat as lunatic as this one. He was rescued with a horrible fracture, had to put external fixators on his paws. But the post-surgery of this cat has been crazy ”, says the student in the video.
In the video, Andreza says that she preferred to put him in the cage so he wouldn't get hurt. “ When I let it go free, despair immediately hits because the cat wants to do mischief ”, he said. “ He should walk straight, but out of nowhere he starts to run, to freak out and to go nuts ”, she joked.

In an interview with CNN, Andreza explained that he was one of the kittens saved in the project “ Room Cats ”, in Recife.
“ He arrived with several fractures in the right pelvic limb. We did donation campaigns and managed to do his surgery at the Setúbal Veterinary Unit in Recife. It was planned to remove the fixers at 60 days, but when we did a new x-ray, it was not fully healed yet, and the orthopedic surgeon asked for another 30 days ”, he explained.

To Andreza's joy, “ Wild Marquinhos ” remains as calm as a hurricane. “ In those two months, my pressure rose fifty-seven times ”, she said on another video.

“ I lost half of all the hair I had on my head, I had to increase the number of weekly therapy hours but it worked. His recovery was a show ”, she celebrated.

Andreza told CNN, that the cat remains in the project. “ He continues to be impossible, but he is recovering very well. He walks normally, runs, plays, runs into a lot of mischief. After full recovery, he will be available for adoption ”,she warned.
On social media, Marquinhos, the kitten's original name, won the hearts of his followers. “ One of the most impossible cats I have ever seen ”, they said. “ Beloved Jesus, how apocalyptic ”, “ Jes, how peaceful, loving the evolution of this kitten ”, they wrote.
Topics

Last edited:

Leseratte

"Bringing Up Lady Bird
How a pandemic chicken found a family.
By Martha McPhee
August 19, 2023

I have fallen in love with a chicken. She is a Columbian Wyandotte, with that breed’s distinctive hackles of white feathers streaked with black, draping her bodice like a jagged jet necklace. She has a scissor beak—a crossed beak—and has had it from birth. I remember noticing the beak when she was a baby, hoping that she’d outgrow it, thinking she was such a beautiful bird except for that unfortunate beak. I never bothered to look up the condition."