Active Members?

Stiffelio

Reader
It seems the number of "active members" has changed yet again--this time from up to down. The system is saying that we now have only about 58 users regularly contributing to the forum, as opposed to 150 of two years ago. I wonder what happened. The number of overall members has increased, however, due to all these foreign spammers registering in droves. I wonder why the number of regular users keeps falling--it was 65 last week, and we're down to high fifties this week. Not a good sign, :(

A pity. Is there something we could do to revert this? Do we have a FB page and/or would that make sense?......Maybe we need to call Eric back. He was a good provocateur and made people participate, if only to defend themselves :)

Stevie B

Current Member
A pity. Is there something we could do to revert this? Do we have a FB page and/or would that make sense?......Maybe we need to call Eric back. He was a good provocateur and made people participate, if only to defend themselves :)

I know I've been slacking as far as posting goes. Busy semester between teaching and taking a film course at night. I'll step up my game in the coming weeks. As far as Eric-the-provocateur goes, I do miss his presence (even though he really irritated me at times). Eric helped foster a sense of liveliness that the forum has been missing since he left. Liam, you wrote a long time that you were going to see if Eric would be willing to return. How did he respond when you broached the topic?

Liam

Administrator
How did he respond when you broached the topic?
He didn't. And I wrote to him twice, once via forum PM, the other time to his personal email address. He translated a book recently, so at least we know he's alive, :).

Daniel del Real

Lately I haven't contributed as usual, but it's been really hard for me to concentrate and read the last few weeks. My 13th year old dog went to surgery to remove a tumor and my job is at risk, so it's not a good time for reading :(

Liam

Administrator
Hi Dan, I hope your pup feels better soon! :)

I've had similar dry spells when I didn't post anything for months though, so I don't think it's something to worry about, as long as you come back in the end! :)

Stevie B

Current Member
He didn't. And I wrote to him twice, once via forum PM, the other time to his personal email address. He translated a book recently, so at least we know he's alive, :).

Jon Fosse's name has come up in Nobel Prize discussions. Kudos to Eric.

Stevie B

Current Member
Lately I haven't contributed as usual, but it's been really hard for me to concentrate and read the last few weeks. My 13th year old dog went to surgery to remove a tumor and my job is at risk, so it's not a good time for reading :(

Sorry to hear your news, Daniel. I have a hard time reading as well when I'm preoccupied with worries. Hope everything goes your way!

Cleanthess

Dinanukht wannabe
Señor Del Real I hope your dog gets better. I'm going through a rough patch at work too, the owners have fired or not replaced the employees who quit so often that now we're down to about half the number of engineers we used to have. On the other hand, the company has never been so profitable: half the engineers are delivering the same amount of work, if not more.

By the middle of June things are supposed to get less frantic around here, so I hope I'll be able to post a bit more by then.