Authors photos

tiganeasca

My first reaction was that it could be a young Solzhenitsyn. Then I read your clue, and I thought it could be Natsume Soseki. Unfortunately, it doesn't look anything like Soseki in his older years. Now, I can't even decide whether or not the guy in the picture is Asian. ?‍♂️
Well, it's actually not a clue to the first picture but it could be a clue to the second. And whether the first one is Asian or not, ah, well...such are the challenges of life. :unsure:

Stevie B

Current Member
That's odd. When I reviewed your post earlier, it only displayed the photo on the left. Then after your follow-up post referenced a second photo, I was able to see it for the first time. There's something familiar about that face, but an identity hasn't clicked yet. Regarding your lack of ethnicity help on the first guy, thanks for nothing! :p

tiganeasca

It might be possible.

Possibly.

Or, then again, possibly not.

(Oh, what the hell. Yes.)

(And as long as I'm giving clues, his first name is Quentin. Or maybe it's Jack. Or is it Tom? Jeez, I'm so "mature" that my memory has slipped and now I've forgotten whose picture it is. Oh dear.)

Stevie B

Current Member
(And as long as I'm giving clues, his first name is Quentin. Or maybe it's Jack. Or is it Tom? Jeez, I'm so "mature" that my memory has slipped and now I've forgotten whose picture it is. Oh dear.)
1655491616113.png

I'll refresh your memory, then, and remind you it's a pic of a young and dashing Ernest Hemingway.

tiganeasca

1. Stevie: well, you're right of course. But would you have known without ALL THOSE CLUES I was forced to give you? (especially the cat clue)

2. Liam: based on hairstyle alone, one has to imagine it's Margaret Atwood. And, discretion being the better part of valor, I'll stop there.

Stevie B

Current Member
1. Stevie: well, you're right of course. But would you have known without ALL THOSE CLUE I was forced to give you? (especially the cat clue)
I never would have guessed Hemingway by face. It was the hospital bed that was the bigger hint (which, just to clarify, I cluelessly deciphered ;)and you merely confirmed). By the way, I had forgotten Hemingway was a cat lover, and I only learned about his feline affinity while watching the PBS documentary last year.

Liam

Administrator
^My partner and I visited his house in Key West, years ago, where the descendants of his polydactyl cats still live! ?

Hemingway Cat2.jpg

Last edited:

Bartleby

I never would have guessed Hemingway by face. It was the hospital bed that was the bigger hint (which, just to clarify, I cluelessly deciphered ;)and you merely confirmed). By the way, I had forgotten Hemingway was a cat lover, and I only learned about his feline affinity while watching the PBS documentary last year.
really? oh I'm afraid I got here late... immediately when I saw his pic I knew it was him. oh, and I have this doc on my watchlist. is it really as good as everyone say it is?

Stevie B

Current Member
really? oh I'm afraid I got here late... immediately when I saw his pic I knew it was him. oh, and I have this doc on my watchlist. is it really as good as everyone say it is?
I learned so much about the man, not all of it good. It was the first time in years that I made sure to tune in to a TV program for multiple nights. I think you’ll like it. By the way, regarding Hemingway’s face in the picture, I knew it looked familiar, but I just couldn’t place it. I guess I’m still much more used to seeing it covered in a grey beard.