Members' Writing

alik-vit

Reader
Folks, I need your advice. It's cover of our forthcoming book. Which color do you prefer? It's third volume in series, first one was green, second - blue. I'm hesitant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220905-145619_Documents.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-145619_Documents.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20220905-145630_Documents.jpg
    Screenshot_20220905-145630_Documents.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17

Leseratte

Folks, I need your advice. It's cover of our forthcoming book. Which color do you prefer? It's third volume in series, first one was green, second - blue. I'm hesitant.
I prefer the first one, because then you have green-blue and (how would you call this color?). Colorwise the volume will look better on the bookshelves and be easier to locate as in the sequence green-blue-bluegray (or grayblue).

alik-vit

Reader
What's the forthcoming book about alik? Is it your personal project?
It's volume of our essays on the history of historical science and museum field in Soviet Russia from 1917 to 1941. Part of this volume is archival materials on given topic. It's our third volume in series: first one was devoted to letters between three most important Russian experts in oriental studies of that time, second - to the discussions of art historians in 1936-1938. There are two authors: sincerely yours me :) and my great colleague and friend from Moscow

Ben Jackson

These are very short poems I wrote this morning. I'm posting it here to get feedbacks. I want to hear your opinions on these poems. Am ready to listen

I

Hibiscus grows and wither
Speedy automobile in highway
Drives to stoppage

II

Longing for white gardens
I listen to teachings
From the mountain in the woods

III

Plumbing into cave
Red cypress bends backwards
Seeking rapturous spark

IV

Black waterfall
Erasing sentences
Of seraphs

Last edited:

alik-vit

Reader
Intrigued.. Can you briefly explain a bit.. names , and their area of specific interest in Oriental studies, if possible.
They are three members of Russian Academy of sciences: Nikolai Marr (expert in Caucasian cultures - Georgian medieval literature and archeology of Ani (old capital of Armenian kingdom) - later in his life inventor of infamous "new teaching on language" or "Japhetic theory"), Sergey Oldenburg (expert in Indian literature (jataka tales), Buddhist art and culture (murals of Chan Fo Dun caves near Dunhuang)) and Vasily Bartold (expert in medieval Arabian and Islam history and history of Central Asia). The book by Vera Tolz "Russia's own Orient" is great intro to this moment in the development of Russian oriental studies and its socio-cultural context.

kpjayan

Reader
They are three members of Russian Academy of sciences: Nikolai Marr (expert in Caucasian cultures - Georgian medieval literature and archeology of Ani (old capital of Armenian kingdom) - later in his life inventor of infamous "new teaching on language" or "Japhetic theory"), Sergey Oldenburg (expert in Indian literature (jataka tales), Buddhist art and culture (murals of Chan Fo Dun caves near Dunhuang)) and Vasily Bartold (expert in medieval Arabian and Islam history and history of Central Asia). The book by Vera Tolz "Russia's own Orient" is great intro to this moment in the development of Russian oriental studies and its socio-cultural context.
Thanks. In fact, the Jaataka Tales also part of the Buddhist Literature.

tiganeasca

On the assumption that you are offering four choices here, not two, I prefer the top of the first one--the yellowish option. Partly because I like the color and partly because it would seem to follow--and yet be distinct from--the first two volumes. Good luck!

Ludus

Reader
Hiya

Just published a book of poems with Medusa Editores, a small press dedicated to poetry from Chihuahua, México. If some of you are interested in giving it a look, you can find it here, through the Kindle store:

If you want to read a few poems from the book, you can give them a try here:

For those of you who read in Spanish, I want to wholeheartedly reccomend this Press, they've been publishing very good poetry collections and new translations, very darn good. They have a Spanish version of polish Anna Swirszczynska's work, some collections of classical Japanese and Chinese poetry, and an anthology of Mexican poets doing homage to William Carlos Williams.

They work within the copyleft movement, so they will send the pdf of their books for free if you ask them nicely ?

Leseratte

Hiya

Just published a book of poems with Medusa Editores, a small press dedicated to poetry from Chihuahua, México. If some of you are interested in giving it a look, you can find it here, through the Kindle store:

For those of you who read in Spanish, I want to wholeheartedly reccomend this Press, they've been publishing very good poetry collections and new translations, very darn good. They have a Spanish version of polish Anna Swirszczynska's work, some collections of classical Japanese and Chinese poetry, and an anthology of Mexican poets doing homage to William Carlos Williams.

They work within the copyleft movement, so they will send the pdf of their books for free if you ask them nicely ?
Glad to know, that you continue to write.

Leseratte

Maybe this thread could be turned into three: one for academic texts and discussions, one for member poetry and another for member prose.

Last edited:

Ben Jackson

Hiya

Congrats on your publication, man.
I can't read Spanish, I don't know if it's possible to post some of your poems in English here.

Ater Lividus Ruber & V

我ヲ學ブ者ハ死ス
Hiya

Congratulations! It's an achievement in itself to finish a book. Wishing you all the success with your poetry.