Non-Writer Obituaries

Leseratte

Interesting question.

I hope I'm wrong, but I more and more notice that, due the dysfunctions of "cancelling culture" and "#metoo movement", a writer who writes something about a "rapist" will be branded as mysoginist, will be sued and the work will never published.
I think too that it depends very much on how it is done, but often the evaluations are very narrow minded.

dc007777

I don't know the reality in North-American, but in my country freedom of speech and creativity in Arts no longer exists here.

I can't speak for all of North America but in the US the reality is... (drumroll) American Psycho is now being sold in Target, a retail/grocery store. I'm still a little surprised everytime I roll past the book section and see it.

Also, sticking with the Ellis train his latest novel The Shards (which is excellent by the way) seemed to be the read of hip, twenty-something gay guys last year if my Instagram/Twitter feed is to be believed.

Leseratte

I can't speak for all of North America but in the US the reality is... (drumroll) American Psycho is now being sold in Target, a retail/grocery store. I'm still a little surprised everytime I roll past the book section and see it.
I bought my first book by Clarice Lispector at a Supermarket. I then wanted to give it back, because it started in the middle of the paraph and I thought one part was missing.