The youtube music video thread

Liam

Administrator
^I've heard three tracks from her new upcoming album (so far) and I can't decide what it's closer to: Volta, Biophilia or Vulnicura? ?

Certainly not on the same wavelength as Homogenic or the most recent one, Utopia.

Each of her albums is so unique-sounding, of course, but some can be grouped closer together than others: for instance, for me Homogenic and Vespertine belong in the same category.

The only outlier being Medulla, that one really does sound like nothing Bjork had produced either before or after.

Bartleby

^I've heard three tracks from her new upcoming album (so far) and I can't decide what it's closer to: Volta, Biophilia or Vulnicura? ?

Certainly not on the same wavelength as Homogenic or the most recent one, Utopia.

Each of her albums is so unique-sounding, of course, but some can be grouped closer together than others: for instance, for me Homogenic and Vespertine belong in the same category.

The only outlier being Medulla, that one really does sound like nothing Bjork had produced either before or after.
I think there's a connection from Fossora to her previous two albums, in that most songs are very much lyrics-heavy, usually long, with emphasis on narrative, making them sound repetitive (Blissing Me, or Black Lake for instance), with elaborate chord progression to carry you in its flow. It's harder to get used to than her early stuff, which is more traditional in its approach to songwriting, but after a while the pattern emerges.

kpjayan

Reader
This song (varaaha roopam) - a movie sound track - from one of block busters of last year in Indian Cinema is the most talked about song last year

With a plagiarism controversy by this song by Thaikkudam Bridge, an India Band based out of South India ( which came out 5 year ago )

Bartleby

Digging the new PJ Harvey album, after a 7-year musical hiatus. This new one is called I Inside the Old Year Dying.