WLF Prize in Literature 2022

Liam

Administrator
^That's just gorgeous, hayden! I love the interplay between the teal-ish green and the ochre orange!

(very apropos: the green of the eucalyptus leaves and the orange-red sands of the outback)--

hayden

^That's just gorgeous, hayden! I love the interplay between the teal-ish green and the ochre orange!

(very apropos: the green of the eucalyptus leaves and the orange-red sands of the outback)--
Also the colors that represent the factions in The Plains, right?

Glad that immediately came across :p

It's both those things. Albeit, Murnane's choice of colour for the two groups was probably based on the palette of the Aussie outback (Liam— I think the colours were aquamarine and a dusty gold). For the colour choice I just looked at a handful of shots like this (...etc) ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Bartleby

Glad that immediately came across :p

It's both those things. Albeit, Murnane's choice of colour for the two groups was probably based on the palette of the Aussie outback (Liam— I think the colours were aquamarine and a dusty gold). For the colour choice I just looked at a handful of shots like this (...etc) ?‍♂️
Did you make it yourself? It looks so professional! If you did, wow! congratulations! Simply gorgeous!

(either way if you didn't make it, you have great taste heheh)

hayden

Did you make it yourself? It looks so professional! If you did, wow! congratulations! Simply gorgeous!

(either way if you didn't make it, you have great taste heheh)

Thanks :) — I won't take credit for all of it, the canvas is a Rothko (which, I altered the colours of), but I drew the dingo and added the words.

I made one for Krasznahorkai last year too. (Took me a sec to find this). Same style.

It's an altered Rothko (sorry Rothko) and I sketched a side-view wolf overtop. And, well, words on the right side.

Ben Jackson

View attachment 1603

I hope the forum doesn't mind me taking liberty at breaking form— in lieu of the promised wolf, I decided to represent Murnane with an abstract dingo.
Love the design, my friend. I will interpret the application of the green colour as the grasses in Australia (that's Australian landscape), and the sands as appendage of existence. It kind of evokes the themes of The Plains, his acclaimed masterpiece. It really looks like a Nobel Certificate.

Leseratte

Love the design, my friend. I will interpret the application of the green colour as the grasses in Australia (that's Australian landscape), and the sands as appendage of existence. It kind of evokes the themes of The Plains, his acclaimed masterpiece. It really looks like a Nobel Certificate.
The green reminded me of the plains, too!

Ben Jackson

Will be curious to see your top three.
It will be very tough for me, Stevie. The world has so many brilliant writers (both the writers I've read and haven't read despite the tragic loss of Mantel and Marias this year), that I would like to nominate and read, but I'm very certain that my shortlist (and longlist), will be populated with writers that I feel are considered for the Nobel, mostly those that I feel are serious contenders within the last seven to ten years. The Nobel Laureate this year will certainly determine my selections.

Stevie B

Current Member
It will be very tough for me, Stevie. The world has so many brilliant writers (both the writers I've read and haven't read despite the tragic loss of Mantel and Marias this year), that I would like to nominate and read, but I'm very certain that my shortlist (and longlist), will be populated with writers that I feel are considered for the Nobel, mostly those that I feel are serious contenders within the last seven to ten years. The Nobel Laureate this year will certainly determine my selections.
I'm planning on doing the same thing I did a year ago - nominate two deserving authors whose work I really admire as well as one great author, whom I've never read, but would look forward to reading.