Nobel for Literature Quiz

Leseratte

Girls and guys, the time until May when The Common Reader opens the yearly Nobel Speculation Thread often seems somewhat long. I miss the charming trivia threads (Stevie B. where are you, when we need you), occasional visits from cats and other animals, literary riddles, etc.
I am not sure if there already is a Noble Award Quiz, I don´t remember seeing it so I`m opening this one with three very easy questions. The answerer asks the next question(s) and so on.

So here we go:
Who won the first Nobel Award for Literature?
In what year did he/she win it?
From which country is he/she?

alik-vit

Reader
Girls and guys, the time until May when The Common Reader opens the yearly Nobel Speculation Thread often seems somewhat long. I miss the charming trivia threads (Stevie B. where are you, when we need you), occasional visits from cats and other animals, literary riddles, etc.
I am not sure if there already is a Noble Award Quiz, I don´t remember seeing it so I`m opening this one with three very easy questions. The answerer asks the next question(s) and so on.

So here we go:
Maybe, it's time to revive the idea of virtual meeting?)))

tiganeasca

So here we go:
Oh...that's a difficult one. I'm sure I probably know who it was but cannot recall. So if you'll tell me the name, I'll tell you where he was from and make a guess about the year. Wasn't the first one awarded around 1903 or so?

Ben Jackson

So here we go:

Talking about missing someone, it's a long time I heard from Patrick. Don't know if he's okay.

tiganeasca

Now that’s an obscure one. I’ve even read a story or two by them and completely forgot.

Side note: didn’t Prudhomme win in 1901?
Ding, ding, ding! We have a correct winner here. I just checked and it was, in fact, 1901. Kudos to the man with the new ( and quite, uh, remarkable) avatar!

redhead

Blahblahblah
He looks like Jason from Friday the 13th, no offense to Fosse. If my parents bought me this children's book as a kid I think I'd have nightmares for years to come, ?

Haha that’s why I made it my avatar

Although I think he was going for this, so maybe that vibe is intentional…

C3F7A12C-E864-4507-B696-4151104D68E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, I missed on the date.

Langerlof joined the Academy after she was awarded the prize. Verner von Heidenstam won in 1916 while he was a member.

Last edited: