Nobel for Literature Quiz

alik-vit

Reader
I can confidently say I have read all the award ceremony speeches for Nobel Prize winners. As for Faulkner, none of his works was singled out for praise. It was a long speech by Osterlinh about the greatness and impact of Faulkner.
Osterling?)))))

redhead

Blahblahblah
Alexievich? She looked pretty tiny in an interview I saw a while back

Edit: Modiano seems tall in pictures, so I’ll guess him

Liam

Administrator
Totally racist of me but I'm gonna guess one of the Scandinavians was the tallest, LOL

The shortest? Dario Fo maybe? I dunno, he always looks like a medieval gnome in photos, ?

Ben Jackson

Well, you guys tried, but the tallest and shortest is actually, wait for it: Dario Fo and Nadine Gordimer.

Dario Fo is actually 6 ft 2, Gordimer is 5 ft 1, shorter than Faulkner.

Although most Nobel laureates fall in the short/mid height categories (based on the writers I found information about their heights) there are some laureates that are tall. Some of these lauraates that are tall:

Dario Fo
Camilo Jose Cela
Ernest Hemingway 6 ft
Jose Saramago
Wole Soyinka 6 ft
Samuel Beckett 5 ft 9

I couldn't find the height for Cela and Saramago. The same for many laureates from early years to about end of second World War. If writers like Tolstoy and Norman Mailer were laureates, we could have had a different list; for Mailer is taller than Fo.

Leseratte

Well, you guys tried, but the tallest and shortest is actually, wait for it: Dario Fo and Nadine Gordimer.

Dario Fo is actually 6 ft 2, Gordimer is 5 ft 1, shorter than Faulkner.

Although most Nobel laureates fall in the short/mid height categories (based on the writers I found information about their heights) there are some laureates that are tall. Some of these lauraates that are tall:

Dario Fo
Camilo Jose Cela
Ernest Hemingway 6 ft
Jose Saramago
Wole Soyinka 6 ft
Samuel Beckett 5 ft 9

I couldn't find the height for Cela and Saramago. The same for many laureates from early years to about end of second World War. If writers like Tolstoy and Norman Mailer were laureates, we could have had a different list; for Mailer is taller than Fo.
I was wondering where you got that kind of information.

Ben Jackson

Without qualifiers this is kind of a trick question... even with the one you added...

Okay, let me provide clues.

This writer published one of the most famous autobiographical novels in African literature, and was considered one of the writers that brought artistic fresh air to Arabic novel and an influence on Naguib Mahfouz.